Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript such a thing as javascript/jquery to expand height of div to fit content?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danny9

(or script to get inherit to work in all browsers? )

Hi,

I have 3 div columns inside a container div.

The container div has it’s height set in the html and the 3 child divs inside are set to 100% height.

there are lots of these containers and it’d be great if the container divs didn’t need a height manually setting but was worked out automatically.

Auto is no good as two of the columns feature nothing but a 1 pixel background graphic that repeat all the way down. The middle column contains the content. Overflow hidden, scroll bars etc are not acceptable in these divs.

Damion
    Danny9

Thanks Damion – the faux column technique I’ve used a lot and that’s the look that I’m trying to create with these divs except the width must be flexible (I am using the left column div to display the left edge graphic, right column div to display right edge graphic).

Damion

You could set the width in % allowing you to make them flexible and allowing you to use them to hold your graphics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.