Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Subscribe to view pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johnjf

I’m starting a blogging site and wanted to know how I would go about blocking certain pages so only registered users can see it? Do I need to download a plugin for this or is it just simple coding, etc?

Thank you

TheDoc

What platform are you using?

johnjf

oops forgot to mention that. Using wordpress

Senff
    Participant

If you want to password-protect your entire site (and make it accessible for people who all know the generic password), I’d suggest this plugin: http://www.benhuson.co.uk/wordpress-plugins/password-protected/

If you want to password-protect individual posts, change the “Visibility” settings for the post from Public to Password Protected.

If you want users to be able to register, make sure the checkbox “Anyone can register” is checked in the General Settings page.

There’s plenty of methods to protect content with a password, but the more complex/structured you want it, the more things you’ll have to set/configure. If the above solutions are not an option for you, you can always look for some plugins, there are probably dozens of them out there.

johnjf

Thanks, I’d like it to be an open site but just have some pages,etc accessible for those who register. So lets say I had page with a music player or plays videos. Only people that registered for free can view that page and non-registered people aren’t allowed.

I’ll check some plugins out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.