Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Submenu items arrow in mobile

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    triplebit
    Participant

I have a problem with mobile menu. When its open there are a few items which may farther open by a small down arrow.
    Problem is that my customer wants the whole item to trigger the next submenu – not just the arrow.
    Is that possible and how?
    Following is my url
    Thx
    http://avada.pcgraph.co.il/

Shikkediel
    Participant

This oughta work:

jQuery('.mobile-sidebar .nav-top-link').click(function(e) {

e.preventDefault();

var item = jQuery(this);

item
      .parent().toggleClass('active')
      .attr('aria-expanded', 'false' === item.attr('aria-expanded') ? 'true' : 'false');
    });

Edit – needed a bit more specificity.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Mostly, anyway. But any more beyond it’s a bit too much to create “hypothetically”.

triplebit
    Participant

I tried your code and it works only partially. On one of the menu items it doesn’t. On some browsers it spoils the functionality of other buttons.
    IS there a complete solution to that?
    Thx

triplebit
    Participant

Dear Shikkediel
    I’m ready to pay for a complete solution to the problem.
    Can you do that?
    Thx

Shikkediel
    Participant

I can have another look but won’t (can’t) be taking on a project for payment. You’d really have to be more specific about the issue though, I see two links inside the menu for which the code seems to be effective. Which one is not working for you and what other buttons are unwantingly affected?

triplebit
    Participant

Thx. Reconsidering the issue I think that the buttons with the arrows problem is not so important now. problem is that with chrome mobile none of the submenu items link is actually working. On the other hand their children links do work.
    Have any magic for that?
    Regards

Shikkediel
    Participant

I can’t seem to reproduce that issue myself… but I see a lot of topics concerning something similar. This one’s quite recent:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/q/297734

Hope that helps at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.