Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other SublimeText and updating folder dates?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    slicata
    Participant

I’ve been using SublimeText more and more lately but there is one thing that drives me crazy. After saving a file the modified date of the file updates but not the date of its parent folder. So when you go to say Transmit and sort by “date” all the individual files jump to the top even if there is a folder that contains a more recently updated file.

Is there any way to get around this other than opening up the file in Coda and resaving it or using terminal to force a date update?

Paulie_D

Perhaps I’m missing something but why would the folder ‘date’ change…is this usual?

Only the contents have altered..not the folder.

Perhaps it’s a mac thing.

TheDoc

Definitely sounds like an OS problem.

slicata
    Participant

Perhaps I’m missing something but why would the folder ‘date’ change…is this usual?

Yes. Usually when you change a file within a folder the “Date Modified” date for the folder also updates to reflect the new date. It’s pretty useful because then you can jump those most recently updated folders to the top of the listing and not have to scroll through the entire thing.

I know that Finder is a pretty behind the times and I’m not sure if that is “proper” behavior, but I’m so used to that style of workflow that it’s thrown me off. Other programs such as Coda set the folder dates as well, so I know it’s just a SublimeText issue. A quick googleing shows that a few other people have asked the same question but no resolutions seem to have come from it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.