Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Sublime Text & Sidebar Enhancements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tjgriffiths1
    Participant

Hi All,

I am struggling to understand how to test a PHP form using Sublime Text. I have MAMP installed and the files within the server root. I can access the .php page when I type in the localhost address, and it works, but when I submit the form in the browser of my test page, it directs to the file path (e.g “file:///Users/tjgriffiths1/Desktop/Sites/randomact/yourpage.php”) rather than the local host.

As a side note, I tried to install Sidebar Enhancements to combat this problem, thinking I could edit the preview URL, but I haven’t been able to make that work either. Any ideas?

Thanks all.

tjgriffiths1

__
    Participant

As a side note, I tried to install Sidebar Enhancements to combat this problem, thinking I could edit the preview URL, but I haven’t been able to make that work either. Any ideas?

Learn about the basics of how http works. It will be much more helpful than any software that tries to do it for you.

Like Chris says, show us some code and we’ll see what’s going on.

mikes02
    Participant

If you can load the page fine but submitting the form redirects you elsewhere it sounds like in your form action you have it setup to look for a separate file. Have you checked that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.