Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sub Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Junni
    Participant

hey friends i want to add a sub menu to that menu but all in vain. please help me thats my pen for menu…

Menu

Paulie_D

But your code does not include a submenu.

I don’t understand your problem. I don’t think you are trying very hard.

Anyway…here’s one I keep around.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/22c4ca602bda363099133ded6bca2294

jurotek
    Participant

Hi, I re-wrote your navigation entire css. Here you go…. The home anchor has the drop-down.

BTW, don’t ever contain nav with dropdowns with container with overflow hidden, cause the dropdown won’t work.

Junni
    Participant

@jurotek thanx man love you

jurotek
    Participant

@Junaid Farooq, thanx for the love man :), but I got to tell you something. After I gave you solution, I realized that I am helping you with something I frown up on for quite sometime and that is dropdowns.

I don’t use them in my work anymore cause I found them to be questionable from UX standpoint. I asked myself many times, why am I forcing user to hover-select, hover-select over and over again instead just present the child links inline below the nav after the parent link is clicked. IMO, approach like this is much more user friendly.

On top of it all, I am hearing lately that the hover state does not work on all handheld devices OS but I can’t confirm that cause I don’t own any.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.