Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS styling comments in wp 2.8+

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    daphnaland

Hi
    I’m trying to style a comment section
    :?

In single.php
    i have

Code:

and in comments.php
    i have

Code:

i cant figure out were i change for example the date format to lets say y,m,d
    or how do i number the comments.

is there a place in the template that reveals all the commenting section parts and is editable?
    any help i found was only on old wordpress seems like it’s not the same now?

Using the Starkers Reset. on wp 2.8.4

thank you

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Yeah all that stuff is standardized now. You CAN change the HTML, but it’s more complicated now needing custom functions and stuff. To change date formatting, you can do that right from your Admin settings though, it’s somewhere in there. Otherwise you can hide stuff via CSS and accomplish just about any design with all the hooks the output provides. If you really want to go old school and write you own comments loop, that is a possibility too. All this, and stuff on comment numbering, in my upcoming book =)

blue642

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_comments

Here is the WordPress documentation on wp_list_comments.
    It appears that to customize the comments you would want to do something similar to the article under "Comments Only With A Custom Comment Display"

You will then need to edit the functions.php file to create the custom callback.

I imagine, changing the "Date Format" under settings> general in the WP admin, changes the dates globally across your site (including comments)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.