- This topic is empty.
November 16, 2016 at 7:28 am #247915
Hi. I just implemented a new stylesheet, and use of Google fonts, at http://www.madisondiner.com. The CSS works when viewing with Firefox, but Chrome can’t seem to see the entire stylesheet, so, for instance, the Google fonts don’t work. I’m a rank amateur at this, and I’m flummoxed. Any help/hints would be appreciated.
DutchNovember 16, 2016 at 7:43 am #247916
Looks the same on my Windows 7 desktop with Firefox and Chrome… the
helements are also showing the Gafata font style in developer tools.November 16, 2016 at 7:53 am #247917
That’s very interesting, Shikkediel. Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I’m on Windows 7 also. Looks like it must be related to my local Chrome browser settings. After seeing your note, I tried it in a Chrome “incognito” window, and it works! So then I fired up a Mac, and it’s working in Chrome browser there, too.
I would think it’s some kind of conflict, maybe, with AbBlock or Disconnect, or some other plug-in I’m running, BUT, I’m running those on my Mac as well. Hmmm… This is a head-scratcher.
Thanks again for your thoughts.November 16, 2016 at 8:00 am #247919
What I do know about Google fonts is that they make use of JS somehow. I’m using NoScript with Firefox and the external font won’t show until I allow scripting on your site. So it could very well be related to ad blocking indeed.
The odd thing is that I use uMatrix with Chrome. There it works automatically and I can’t see any scripting going on. Somewhat of a mystery.November 16, 2016 at 8:05 am #247920
Thanks again, Shikkediel. I’ll poke around on that JS clue. I’ve used Google fonts successfully on a couple other sites without this kind of hiccup, which only compounds the mystery!November 16, 2016 at 8:12 am #247921
Looking into it a bit, it doesn’t seem directly related to JS but more of an additional security measure…
Probably the same logic is used with some of the other content blockers.November 16, 2016 at 8:24 am #247923
Thanks, Shikkediel. I’ll follow that thread and see if I can learn any more. The conundrum at this point is that my Chrome browsers on the PC and on the Mac are both running the same plug-ins, but the web fonts are making it through fine on the Mac.
Thanks for the link and your thoughts.
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.