Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS stylesheet works on firefox, not on chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dutch
    Participant

Hi. I just implemented a new stylesheet, and use of Google fonts, at http://www.madisondiner.com. The CSS works when viewing with Firefox, but Chrome can’t seem to see the entire stylesheet, so, for instance, the Google fonts don’t work. I’m a rank amateur at this, and I’m flummoxed. Any help/hints would be appreciated.

THANKS
    Dutch

Shikkediel
    Participant

Looks the same on my Windows 7 desktop with Firefox and Chrome… the h elements are also showing the Gafata font style in developer tools.

dutch
    Participant

That’s very interesting, Shikkediel. Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I’m on Windows 7 also. Looks like it must be related to my local Chrome browser settings. After seeing your note, I tried it in a Chrome “incognito” window, and it works! So then I fired up a Mac, and it’s working in Chrome browser there, too.

I would think it’s some kind of conflict, maybe, with AbBlock or Disconnect, or some other plug-in I’m running, BUT, I’m running those on my Mac as well. Hmmm… This is a head-scratcher.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Shikkediel
    Participant

What I do know about Google fonts is that they make use of JS somehow. I’m using NoScript with Firefox and the external font won’t show until I allow scripting on your site. So it could very well be related to ad blocking indeed.

The odd thing is that I use uMatrix with Chrome. There it works automatically and I can’t see any scripting going on. Somewhat of a mystery.

dutch
    Participant

Thanks again, Shikkediel. I’ll poke around on that JS clue. I’ve used Google fonts successfully on a couple other sites without this kind of hiccup, which only compounds the mystery!

Shikkediel
    Participant

Looking into it a bit, it doesn’t seem directly related to JS but more of an additional security measure…

Blog link

Probably the same logic is used with some of the other content blockers.

dutch
    Participant

Thanks, Shikkediel. I’ll follow that thread and see if I can learn any more. The conundrum at this point is that my Chrome browsers on the PC and on the Mac are both running the same plug-ins, but the web fonts are making it through fine on the Mac.

Thanks for the link and your thoughts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.