Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Struggling with a simple Last-Child

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sly
    Participant

Hi

I have a wordpress site: http://hwbidco.co.uk and in my div:right-column I have given the div with the class: ‘read-more’ a bottom border.

I am trying to target the last ‘read-more’ div to have a bottom border of none. But I’m failing to target it. Can anyone tell me how to select it to turn off the bottom-border?

Thanks,

Simon.

chrisburton
    Participant
    .read-more:last-child { border: none; }
    sly
    Participant

Hi, I thought that might be the answer, but it isn’t making a difference in my site. I don’t understand why.

sly
    Participant

long winded, but it works, thanks!!!

sly
    Participant

sigh, now struggling with putting space between the blog entries on http://hwbidco.co.uk/blog

WP doesn’t seem to assign a class to the blog titles so I don’t know how to target them to put more space in

Can anyone help?

As you may guess, I’m new to WP and css!

Thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

depending on what page you’re on they’re either an H2 or an H1. On the link you provided, they are an H2.

sly
    Participant

Thank you very much Christopher.

I am now trying to find a way to target the H2s on the blog posts and not on the normal ‘Pages’ in WordPress.

chrisburton
    Participant

For a single post page

.single h1 { }

The blog index page

.blog h2 { }
    sly
    Participant

amazing, thanks for your help guys. I can see that this works because WordPress dynamically gives the pages a class, in my case: blog.

This post is most definitely solved, thanks so much for your time. I am learning, thanks to you.

Sly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.