Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Strange appearance of textfield in chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    stratost
    Participant

I have a strange problem with my website appearance in chrome and only for my resolution/screen 1280×1024.

The links under the contact tab move a bit on hover, if remove the :hover colour its ok. Also it appears on textfields under the contact tab too, when i click in textfields they move a bit also and on the last thumbnails (of each row) under the portfolio section, when i hover them for first time.

You can test it on http://stratost.gr/ under the contact tab and take a look at this screenshot i have uploaded to dropbox to undestand what i mean https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49493396/screen.jpg

ps. on site is playing background music, you can pause it by clicking the pause button. Thanks.

Paulie_D

ps. on site is playing background music, you can pause it by clicking the pause button.

You had me until I saw this.

stratost
    Participant

Whats your problem? …and why you answered about that? If you don’t know how to solve my problem its ok man… i think its not necessary to post something… just to show us your answer.

stratost
    Participant

Any expert on css at this site to help me? I have disabled the audio.

Paulie_D

I’m not seeing any movement in the link on hover although I do see the ‘inset’ thing you showed in the picture.

One thing which is probably unrelated:

This is your CSS…it has a repetition and a missing semi-colon

a:hover {
        color: #FFF  <=== here
        outline: none;
        color: #FFF;
      }

I’ll keep looking

Paulie_D

I’m not sure but is it usual to wrap form elements in paragraph tags?….I guess there is nothing wrong with it but I believe that it’s more common to use divs.

Again, possibly unrelated…I’m clutching at straws at the moment.

stratost
    Participant

Thank you for your note @Paulie_D , although nothing has changed. About form elements, …my friend/programmer has done it so i think its ok.

If you know someone else who could help me/us with this bug too, …could you ask him please? :)

stratost
    Participant

Hi Mr @Paulie_D you are the only you had tried solve my problem. Any new ideas? I think it has to do with dimensions because if you open inspector or make zoom in/out the problem dissapears. But the problem with hover word “here” it’s about css for sure as if I delete the hover colour they don’t move on over.

Paulie_D

The dimensions of the link do not change on hover (29px x 16px). I suspect it’s just an optical illusion.

As for the textarea I don’t know if this is responsible but you might try removing it as I don’t think it’s doing anything.

input, textarea {
      outline: none;
      -webkit-appearance: none;
      -moz-appearance: none;
    }

stratost
    Participant

Hi @Paulie_D i removed this too but nothing happened again. I had added this code exactly for my problem :)

Anyway, thank you for your efforts. It seems to be easier to find someone who can fix chrome than my site’s weird issue. :)

gowda24
    Participant

Hi Stratost,

Add clear div above the

<

div class=”content-bottom”> as below

<div style="clear:both"></div>

Also change the content-bottom css to

.content-bottom {
        position: fixed;
        bottom: 100px;
        left: 77.5%;
        height: 50px;
    }

stratost
    Participant

Hello @gowda24, i did what you said me, but nothing happened :(
    (i also uploaded the changes) but thank you for your reply!

Paulie_D

Two things to try (and I have no idea whether they will work).

Firstly, the box is not , in fact, a textfield (although that’s how you have it set up)…wht not just change it to an <input type="email" name="email" required>?

Secondly, since it appears that the issue ‘goes away’ when the field receives focus why not add the autofocus attribute (whether you change it to an email field or not).

So…<input type="email" name="email" required autofocus="autofocus">

stratost
    Participant

:( Thank you @Paulie_D i tried what you said. :( again i’ll say that something with dimensions has the problem as it disappears when i zoom in or out :(

image here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49493396/01.jpg

and again thank you for looking on it :)

Senff
    Participant

I think it’s just some rendering bug in Chrome that has to do with the fact that your DIV is being horizontally moved from right (off-screen) into the middle, something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.