Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS stopping content collapsing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    danielc2384
    Participant

with the theme I’m using whenever decrease the width of my browsers window all the content seems to collapse on top of each other. just wondering how to change this so nothing moves with different size browser windows.
    http://creativemms.com.au/micro/

danielc2384
    Participant

any ideas anyone?

Eric Gregoire
    Participant

It appears that the WordPress theme you are using (is it “Clean Retina?”) uses media queries and what looks to me like a responsive grid system in the stylesheet. What you could do is look for all media queries and remove them if you want to have just the desktop layout regardless of window/viewport size. Otherwise, you’ll have to tool around with the media queries around your content.

There’s a section commented as “Responsive Structure” that you could probably do away with in the stylesheet down to the “NAV#access.clearfix”. Those all look to be media queries that don’t quite jive with your content. Best of luck!

Eric Gregoire
    Participant

You also may not want to get rid of the “Retina Ready Structure” as that looks to serve up different background images on detected retina displays. However, It’s up to you if that’s important or not but I don’t believe that it would even be a part the main issue you’re having.

danielc2384
    Participant

Thanks! Getting rid of the Responsive Structure seemed to have fixed half the problem. The sidebar now stays put however content seems to drop when I decrease the width of the browser.

Paulie_D

>Getting rid of the Responsive Structure seemed to have fixed half the problem. The sidebar now stays put however content seems to drop when I decrease the width of the browser.

If you didn’t want the responsiveness why are you re-sizing the browser?

danielc2384
    Participant

Some people may open their browser in a smaller window and everthing will be collapsed ontop of eachother. don’t want that.

Paulie_D

Then add back the response parts or some min-widths

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.