Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky menu doesn't show dropdown otions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ed222gg
    Participant

So, I have this problem with my sticky menu. When I’m at the top of the page the dropdown menu works fine, but if I scroll down it dosen’t show the dropdown options. Any suggestions how I can make this work properly?

https://projekt-wordpress-ed222gg.c9users.io/

Atelierbram
    Participant

For this to work I think one will have to move the navigation outside the header, because the sticky header is (so called) ‘cloned’ with jQuery javaScript, and so is your menu within the header.

The javaScript in your main-frontend.js (; see FORMAT MAIN HEADER MENU) is targeting the original menu, which is now hidden, and the cloned menu can’t be targeted that way ( I guess, because it’s not in the DOM ???)

But maybe @senff knows better what’s going on, being the creator of the plugin.

Senff
    Participant

Yup, @Atelierbram is right, that’s exactly how it works and the reason why the dropdowns don’t show. CSS-based dropdowns work fine with the plugin, but the JS-based ones often don’t.

It’s been an issue that I’ve been wanting to fix for a long time. I should be able to finish up version 2.0 and release it in about a week or so.

ed222gg
    Participant

Ok I see. Thanks to you both.
    But as a beginner in this whole thing, how hard is it to move the navigation outside the header? Will it solve my problem? How do I even do that? Which part? As I said, beginner. Or maby I just have to deal with not have it as a sticky. Nice plugin anyway :)

Senff
    Participant

Moving the navigation outside the header won’t fix this issue, I’m afraid.

The problem is that the method used for making it sticky, is not compatible with the method used to show the dropdowns. So in essence — if you make it sticky with this plugin, things will stop working.

Until version 2.0 comes out next week, of course. ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.