Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS sticky-footer/expanding content box question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    EricM

This has probably been covered somewhere else already, but I haven’t been able to find it. I’m using a sticky footer method, and it seems fine, but I can’t get the content box to expand down to the footer. I used to use repeating images to fix this, but I’m trying to be all css now. Link

EricM

Also, the body background is the size of the window, not the size of the page. Here is a longer page to demonstrate.

timmey

for you body problem, you could try adding overflow:auto; to your body {}

EricM

Thanks. That seems to work, though I still have some bugs, I think because I’m using html5 boilerplate for the first time and need to tweek it. Still trying to figure out the expanding content thing now.

timmey

sorry, just realised that you have 2 scrollbars now..

for me it just worked, when you remove overscroll:auto from body {} and add your gradient to .wrap

body > .wrap {
    height: auto;
    min-height: 100%;
    background: #26382b; /* Old browsers */
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #26382b 0%, #354f3c 0%, #000000 100%, #000000 100%); /* FF3.6+ */
    }
    EricM

Thanks Timmey, that worked great! I wouldn’t have thought of that, and I still don’t understand why that works. Maybe my other problem will be solved by applying a horizontal gradient and width to the .pad-bottom element. Trying that next.

EricM

Damn! Applying a background to the .pad-bottom element didn’t work. At least my footer is sticky, it seems. Any other ideas?

EricM

Well, sod it. I can’t figure out a way of doing this without extra mark-up or adding an unnecessary image. I’ll just round off the bottom corners and be done with it for now, if I figure it out I’ll share.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.