Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky Footer Wonkiness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

I just tried to apply a new sticky footer method which works just fine on this website, but I can not seem to get it to work properly on my offical page, here. Any help would be appreciated. This is the method I am using, here. Thank you in advance!

Senff
    Participant

Not sure why you have most of your content in a div called “header” (perhaps you have a closing div too many, or missing one), but basically you have to make sure that the element that’s on the same level as the footer (in this case, the header div) has the bottom padding of 250 pixels (you currently have it in the “page-wrap” div) and also a min-height of 100%.

Your content is under your sidebar by the way.

mwdewitt

I fixed it for the most part. I took the working code from “Minter Tweed” and copy and pasted the various bits into “M.W.DeWitt.” Some of the blocks are too close together, but the footer now works. It sticks to the bottom.

Edit: Oh, and I figured out what was causing all the wonkiness. I had a bracket after stating the min-height in the #main-col div. So, it confused the website and placed all of my content below the sidebar. One little bracket did all of that. Sigh.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.