Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky Footer Causing Content Problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey guys!

I am working with the tutorial supplied by this site, but it’s giving me two major issues. The first one is that I have to adjust the code in order to add a header above the <div> I use for content. The second issue is that I can’t make the content area work at all! What I mean is that it will be cut off by the header above it and I end up having to adjust all the margins and paddings to make it show up.

Any clues how I can make a good layout that will give me (a) a header and navigation, (b) expandable content area, and (c) a sticky footer?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

It sound like you are trying to put your header outside the #main div. ?

The code seems pretty straight forward. Can you provide any of your code that isn’t working?

"AshtonSanders" wrote:
    It sound like you are trying to put your header outside the #main div. ?

The code seems pretty straight forward. Can you provide any of your code that isn’t working?

That may just be the problem.

I was going for a header that was 100% width with the logo/title, but I may just bring the 100% width pattern down on the z-index and put a <div> for the logo/top text inside the #container <div>.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.