Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky footer at the bottom and allowing it to grow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JackArrgon

Want to say first that this is my first time trying to code anything. But, I’m almost done finishing my Tumblr theme. I’m trying to use a footer that stays at the bottom of the layout. I’ve gotten it to work, following this quite useful tutorial.

However, in my case I’m trying to allow the div to expand when more text is entered (for example, if a description is long, it would expand it as well as the background color) But my problem is that when I’ve let it expand and there’s not much content above the footer, it becomes positioned too high, and not at the bottom. Only when there’s enough content above it, does it get pushed down.

Here’s the blog, and here’s an example of the footer being too high.

Hope that makes sense, and hope you guys can help. Thanks!

standuncan

Ahh just about got that tumblr theme conquered huh. Looks good now.

JackArrgon

Thanks! Hah, yeah- was going to reply to my other thread, but figured this was a bit of a different problem. Any suggestions perhaps?

standuncan

I didn’t remember until I opened the link and remembered the appearance of the blog. I like the design. Maybe in a bit I can try to take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.