Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sticky Footer…and margin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We all know margin and padding have different purposes…and one simply cannot be substituted for the other in some cases, even if what meets the eye looks the same.

I have run into plenty of situations in which I needed a sticky footer, but had gone too far with the coding to remove all margins.

I have just started a new project and have remembered the sticky footer, and I have not implemented any margin yet, but am still reluctant to add the sticky footer because I know I’ll want (and need) margin.

My question is, is there any better solution to the sticky footer, or any other alternative that allows for margin usage?

I’m sorry, maybe you do not understand what I want.

Most popular sticky footers don’t allow margin on any other element because it will mess up the footer. They suggest using padding instead, but that isn’t always ideal. I’m looking for another solution that allows for margin on the other elements.

Obviously you can’t understand English well, or you’re just blind. Sorry.

Codepen is obviously not the solution in this case…it’s not a coding problem, it’s a problem I have with sticky footers.

My point is, If I use sticky footer, then I can’t use margin on anything else, say, my p element. I want to, though, and I was wondering if there was a way around them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.