Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Start & Stop Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Code:

Christian Artists Slide

Garden Rack

Donec gravida posuere arcu. Nulla facilisi. Phasellus imperdiet. Vestibulum at metus. Integer euismod. Nullam placerat rhoncus sapien. Ut euismod. Praesent libero. Morbi pellentesque libero sit amet ante. Maecenas tellus.

learn more

… additional slides follow format of this one, except no need for ID …

Name of Slide

.etc

I just need to know if this javascript code is correct! I hope to hear from you soon!

I forgot to write this in the first reply, but how many pictures can I add to the slider. I am trying to add over 250 photo images. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Hey Christian :)

250 images?! ooff… well what you have to think about is that the code that Chris wrote does not have any preloading techniques, because its really only designed for a few images. Imagine loading up your site and all its images, and then having to load 250 images within that slider… considering most servers would really only let about 3 requests at a time happen, that’s a lot of loading…

You could still do it, what I would think about doing is modifying the script so that it would load the images in groups of 5 after the main page is all set up and the first 5 images are rolling… then it would be preloading the images out of site without any impact the the users experience.

Although to be honest I would not recommend doing that, and it begs the question why 250 images? that’s a lot of images even for a photography portfolio site!

Okay! Do you know of any sites or programs that have Flash Banner or Sliders that allow you to upload over 250 images for a reasonable price? Also is the javascript code written correctly. I just want to know if the codes are placed in the right spots.
    I hope to hear from you soon.
    Thanks

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    meena

how to change the text start / stop with images of play and pause???

thanks in advance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.