Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design speeding up photography wordpress website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chauhanheena
    Participant

Hi,

I need to speed up the website
    http://www.amijangla.com

It s wordpress site. I have installed w3 total cache. also, triedto reduce the photographs resolution. But still it take a lot of time to load , the website as well as the photographs. Is there a way I can speed up the website.

Alex Zaworski
    Participant

It looks like you’re not optimizing your images which is a process that’s independent of the resolution— you can start there to try to get your file sizes down at least. Here’s a tool I’ve used for that.

You can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights for a bunch of suggestions:
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

bearhead
    Participant

further image compression may help… google pagespeed was reporting that they could be reduced by maybe 15-18% (depending on the page).

You could also maybe try grouping your javascript and css together so you have less requests. I looked at it on webpagetest.org, and it looks like you have 5 js requests, 6 css requests, and 8 font requests. Maybe there is some way you could get away with less custom fonts?

I don’t think the speed of the site is too bad over-all though (on a good connection) I mean it has a pretty long time to document completion (repeat views are quite a bit faster), but that’s just the rest of the images being downloaded. The DOM content is loaded less than 2 seconds in, so the user can interact with the site pretty quickly.

I guess its kinda slow on like a 2G connection, but it’s a photography website with lots of photos so I guess the only option there would be to implement some scripting so that only much smaller images are downloaded on mobile devices. I don’t think optimizing the images at their current resolution will make a huge difference on slower connections.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.