Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Special Issue with Left Align and Right Align Text on the Same Line

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    larryel

I’ve looked at the various ‘Left Align and Right Align Text on the Same Line’ discussions, but none help my particular case.
    I have a footer which has copyright text left aligned in a colored box which spans the page width; this works fine. And I can right align a ‘Last Update’ text also, but it end up on the next line. I could make the text easily be right justified on the same line but I have this colored ‘box’ which I want it to appear in with the copyright text.
    How do I get it to display within the colored area also? Here is the pertinent code:
    -footer.html-

Here is the related CCS:
    /* — COPYRIGHT INFO — */
    #copyright {
    padding: 3px 0 3px 8px;
    border: 1px solid #000;
    background-color: #00CCFF;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #000000;
    font-size: .8em;
    width: 998px;
    }

#copyright .alignleft {
    text-align: left;
    float: left;
    }

#copyright .alignright {
    text-align: right;
    /*float: right;*/
    }
    /* — FOOTER — */
    #footer {
    position: relative;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 2px;
    }

Want it to look like this:
    [c2010 xxx Last Updatexx xx]
    (where [ ] represents the colored footer area created by the #copyright css

but instead it looks like:
    [c2010 xxx ]
    Last Update

larryel

Oops: here is the html so you can read it:

larryel

you can see this footer and what I refer to as the colored box (the #copyright css, and without the Last Update text) at: unitedchurchofthevalley.org

DogsGhost

looks like you have you have an extra closing p tag in front of Last Update.
    Concerning your issue it sounds like you just want to take the styling you have for #copyright and move it to the footer, so your second paragraph is affected by that styling.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.