Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Special Drop down menu style

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Denmark_Aarhus
    Participant

Hello,

I want to style my drop down menu as this picture below.

The point is, that the parent is moving/sliding down below the child links on hover.

Any ideas – Please? :)

See the drop down menu here…

Paulie_D

We’d need to see the code.

Could you put a reduced case in Codepen?

Denmark_Aarhus
    Participant

My intent was to make it on the superfish menu. Here’s the link to a fiddle, with standard superfish menu set up…

The amimation should be as the picture, the parent have to be in the bottom on hover, and the rest above.

Thanks

Link to js Fiddle

Paulie_D

So, as I understand it, you want the submenu items to be on top of the parent item (but in the correct order) BUT the menu should still slide down from the top.

Is that right?

Denmark_Aarhus
    Participant

Yes, that right.

Can you help me to achieve this functionality? :)

Paulie_D

Hmmm.

I’d have to give it some thought.

I think it would be an odd User Experience but without trying it I can’t tell.

Paulie_D

I’m pretty sure that this could be done (the submenu stacking on top of the parent is easy enough) BUT re-positioning the whole parent & submenu is somewhat trickier.

Fairly sure this would be a tough one to incorporate into a suckerfish menu without some radical changes…but who knows?

Denmark_Aarhus
    Participant

Thank you very much for your time and help. I think, that i would make a normal dropdown instead :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.