Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Space between divs in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    soap
    Participant

This is a problem I run into frequently.
    Unfortunately I don’t have anything live that I can show you as an example, but it should be easy to understand.

I’m talking about when you have just a normal layout such as:

Code:

In IE, there will be spaces between those divs which are really obvious if those divs have background colors or images.
    So… I have been having to use conditional stylesheets to go in and give whichever divs need it negative margins. I have always known that there must be some other way, or something I’m doing wrong, or something I’m not doing but never got around to resolving it. So here I am.

Anybody know what I’m talking about? Anybody know what to do about it?

Thanks!

mikes

Another technique is to detect the user agent and if the user is using an older version of IE (that exhibits this problem), send a large electrical current back to the user’s machine. When that causes the smoke and stink to be let out of the user’s computer, maybe they’ll realize that it was a hint for them to upgrade their browser. :)

Sorry I couldn’t resist :)

Seriously, thanks for the tip Chris. I didn’t know about that.

soap
    Participant

Yeah, this works but… It visually turns code into garbage. No other way beside conditional stylesheets and negative margins?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.