Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS sorry for double post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    roof
    Participant

Hello,
    I am new here and new to writing CSS. I have a layout that works with my monitor resolution at 1280 x1024. When I change resolution to 1024 x 768 it does not work. I have checked this in Chrome, IE and Firefox. It only happens in FF.
    http://www.cleanmydigs.com

Can someone point me to where I am going wrong? TIA for any input

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you take a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I’m not noticing an issue when changing resolutions.

roof
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for your reply. I have made a screenshot but cant see how to attach it.
    What is happening is, at the smaller resolution I get horizontal scroll bar and when I move it all the way left the #imagebox extends beyond the edge of the image. Is that what Chris Coyier has referred to as “breaking out”?

Again, thanks for asking. I just can’t see how to attach screenshot and I can’t upload to my server from here. Got to run to appointment and will get back here in a few hours to try to figure these things out.

chrisburton
    Participant

Upload it to http://tinypic.com, grab the last code and paste it in a new comment.

What version of Firefox?

Also, in your other post (double post) you stated you couldn’t find the search..It’s at the top right or right below the menu in plain sight. Just hit “Enter” on your keyboard to search.

roof
    Participant

2unyn0p.jpg

so embarrassed I didn’t think of this.

Firefox 5.0

I did do search there, but it returned webpages and not strictly forum posts, which I am accustomed to. I have never seen forum like this. I will spend more time here this afternoon and familiarize myself with it all. Thank you for taking time to respond

chrisburton
    Participant

Are you just copy/pasting code? My advice is to learn HTML before you go any further. Start with the doctype down, especially since you have 2 < head > sections.

roof
    Participant

No, I am not just copy/pasting code. I am of course dissecting others pages trying to learn how things all go together. But certainly not my intention to plagiarize or steal others work. And I start over again and again by working in reverse deleting what I have done to find where I have gone wrong. I am a slow learner and not so good with minutiae so I have to do things over and over but I don’t quit. It took me forever to find my mistake you pointed out. Thank you for making me aware of it. I will keep at it, waiting for my “ah-ha” moment. Thank you for trying to help.

chrisburton
    Participant

I was referring to copying others head sections not stealing their main content. You will have less issues if you start watching videos on here and learn a little of how things work from the ground up. It’s only a benefit to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.