Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Some Questions about Anything Slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohninFla

I have managed to get the anything slider onto my website (although it’s slightly off to the left side on the Internet Explorer Browser). …However now I don’t know what to do about the files, (I read on another post the files should be loaded in the theme’s folder in a JS folder)? …Could someone possibly clarify that statement! …and finally how do I get the photos onto the slider?

Thanks John

Mottie

Hi John!

Are you using a custom setup or something like WordPress? Usually files go into a “plugins” or “js” folder. Themes and content (photos) usually each have their own separate folder as well.

I could help troubleshoot the problem you’re having with IE if you could share a link to the page.

JohninFla

Hello Mottie, and Thank you for your help! …My website is an ordinary (html blog style template.) Heres a link to the page I have installed the slider on: http://johnstengerstudio.com/on-location-slider-test-3.html#&panel1-1
    and here:http://johnstengerstudio.com/on-location-source-test.html#&panel1-2

I am unsure as of what to do with the folders, CSS, JS & IMAGES ..Presently I moved them into my websites html file folder. ..Thanks John

Mottie

Hi John!

Sorry I completely forgot about this post. Honestly, I stink at WordPress and I think you’ll need to ask another question on where to put those files.

I did a quick search and I think the js & css files go into the wp themes directory (wp-content > themes) and are added to the page like this:

I’m just not sure which one is correct… “template_directory” or “template_url”.

The folders and images probably go into the “wp-content” folder as well.. I’m just not sure where.

mrtwebdesign

Hey John.. I got the AnythingSlider integrated in a WordPress theme. I don’t entirly suck at WordPress but I wouldn’t have got it running without Mottie’s help. I made it part of the theme instead of a plugin so I could use posts in a category as slider content. WordPress is a CMS so.. let it do it’s job! :)

Later in the header I start an unordered list and output a custom loop for the content as li’s, then after the loop closed the unordered list.

Here is a link.. it’s a child theme based on twentyten.

sactowequipment.com

Let me know if you need more help than that. I was going to write up a full set of instructions on how to do it.. and got too busy.

davidcoxsey

I also have a question about the Anything Slider. Are you able to add media queries to the anythingslider.css file? Trying t add some responsiveness to my site and would like the slider to look good in all browser sizes.

Mottie

Hi @davidcoxsey!

Media queries won’t really work with AnythingSlider since the script changes the element dimensions – the list items, images, contents and wrappers. Maybe the best thing would be to use the plugin’s “expand” option and resize the slider’s outer wrapper using media queries. The slider will then automatically resize.

Check out this jsFiddle of the expand option. Resize the result window to see the slider resize.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.