Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Some help with .htaccess and WordPress…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shawncbarry

Hi everyone,
    First time poster – but have been to this site a few times. I’m a little stumped on something and need some help.

I have a folder on my WP site with content in it and I have a re-direct .htaccess file as follows (not sure how to include code, so I’ll try comment slashes):

//IndexIgnore *
    //Options +FollowSymlinks
    //RewriteEngine On
    //RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www.)?mysite.com/ [NC]
    //RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !hotlink.(gif|png|jpg|doc|xls|pdf|html|htm|xlsx|docx|mp4|ogv|webm) [NC]
    //RewriteRule .*.(gif|png|jpg|doc|xls|pdf|html|htm|xlsx|docx|mp4|ogv|webm)$ //http://mysite.com/join-today/ [NC]

The above code re-directs any outside attempt to gain access to the content of the folder directly. This way, only a post on my site can get it. However, even if logged in, the content is blocked from my iPhone. I feel like it’s something in the first rewrite condition that I’m missing that would account for mobiles, also sending a request from the site.

Thoughts? Help?
    Shawn

shawncbarry

Okay – follow up. It seems this is not an iPhone issue, but rather a Safari issue. It also blocks my desktop Safari from accessing the folder as well.

Thoughts on that?

shawncbarry

Hi there, and no, but as it turns out, I tried testing my iPhone with another browser. I downloaded Chrome, and same issue. So it seems it’s both a Safari on the desktop, AND separate iPhone issue. Now, I’m more lost than before.

shawncbarry

Right – forgot about those. Thanks. This whole project has been a series of weird event after weird event. It’s almost like I’m the first person ever to try and play a video on the internet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.