Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Some help please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    federicosil

Hi i’m starting to do web design and this is one of the sites that i’m developing just for fun and to get some practice.

The site it’s still under construction and the idea is to make a worpress them with it. But as i was doing it i realized that i had some problems with the background and i wish to solve this issue before i start converting the site.

The problem is that when i make the browser small so the scroll bar apears the hole bakground gets messed up.

Here’s the link: http://pruebatangoimperial.comxa.com/

Please give some feedback on how to solve this issue, and excuse me for my english :) (i’m from Uruguay)

I like to mention that the site is based on a free psd template that i downloaded just to practice.

dcp3450
    Participant

000webhost.com is redirecting your site. when it goes back up I’ll see if i can help. post back when your site is visible again.

federicosil

Please try again now. It’s posible that the server was busy that time.

dcp3450
    Participant

Try giving your whole site a container with a common background and 100% width. example:

#container
    {
    background-color: #E7E8E7;
    width: 100%;
    }

<body>
    <div id="container">
    header
    main_content
    subcontent
    footer
    ect
    </div>
    </body>

The only issue I saw was the background of all your divs kept being cut off. Those divs were showing their backgrounds based off the window size. However, if contained within a containing div they will fill out the container instead.

also, I played with your code. you need to give elements like your header and main_content a width. I got better results that way.

do both of those and you should see an improvement. Let me know how it goes.

federicosil

Yes i can do it with a container but the thing is that i want to extend the background for each part for as long as the browser window is. That’s why i made a class named interior for each div (#header, #main-content, etc) That class is in charge of keeping the document aligned to the center of the screen. If i give a width to those divs the backgroun will be cutted to fit the width of the div, and that’s not what i want.

Maybe there’s another tecnique to do this. Please let me know if you know one.

dcp3450
    Participant

the container fits the width of the window. your divs inside will fill the container. when the width of the window changes the divs will auto fill the container accordingly.

This is exactly how I do all my sites and I’ve never had the issue your seeing now.

Give it a shot, play with the idea, and see what you come up with. Part of developing and learning how to fix issues is just trying to see what fixes odd problems. You can also come across ways to fix other issues you’ve had even if what your trying doesn’t fix the current issue.

Thats how i found a great way to get vertical alignment using jquery. My boss asked me to do it, and like most employees I said, "yeah…sure…no problem." I started fooling around with ideas and boom dynamic vertical alignment. :D

federicosil

Ok, maybe i’m doing something wrong. I will try again.

Thanks for your support by the way

dcp3450
    Participant

Try uploading a zip file with your website (code, images, etc) if you can’t get it working I’ll see what i can do to help.

federicosil

Thanks for your help. I solve the problem giving the #container div a min-width of 1000px. It wasn’t working with the 100% width so i tried that and it worked fine.

dcp3450
    Participant

i tried to check it out but you seemed to have deleted the wp-config.php file.

federicosil

Yes, i’m messing around with wordpress right now.

Here i let you the zip with all the files of the website. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4159593/business.zip

Tell me what you think

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.