Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [SOLVED]a question(css)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

i always got struck in one part in css
    suppose i have a div for which i have specified width…as a width is specifeid so any text should not overshoot that specified width..no matter how long it get..but whenever i type a long text which is over the size of div it overshoot the div…….i want that it should come in next line in the same div without overshooting.and i dont wnt to use overflow:auto or scroll..how to achieve this..if u explain with example it will b great

box

The text should wrap automatically. (Unless you have no spaces at all in your text) Can you provide a sample of the code you’re using – including html doctype, or better still, a live page to look at.

yes box i was testing out with text having no space..after i tested with text having spaces in it ..it is fine..but how to deal with text having no space (i dont think there exist a valid word having no space in it which is so long for my div )…but if there is any or someone make out of his own while submitting a comment how to deal with that then…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

If no single word exists that is longer than your box you are fine. If you are really worried about people typing in a zillion characters without spacing into that area and having it ruin the design, then bust out overflow: hidden; to prevent it.

ok chris and box..thanks for helping out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.