Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] WordPress DOCTYPE in header.php

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    humanshell

Hello all,

I’m pretty new to WordPress, I’ve been playing with it and reading through the Codex for about a month now. I’m also just as new to HTML and CSS in general, only been learning about it for about 6 months. I’ve started going through the template files one by one and spotted the doctype declaration which has left me with a question.

In TwentyTen before the opening of the tag the doctype declaration is just . Is this some form of shorthand that I just haven’t learned yet? Or is it something specific to WordPress? I was under the assumption that doctypes have to be declared like:

I’ve done the usual searching in Google and here in the forums and the codex and can’t seem to find an explanation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zackw

is the doctype for HTML5

the longer one you have their is the doctype for XHTML(an older version of HTML)

luckily the html5 doctype is compatible pretty much everywhere so continue to use it

humanshell

Thank you.

menaaboud

What if i’m facing problems with another language like Arabic in the Template i bought and would like it ti support Arabic words. here: http:://ar.perfecttraining.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.