- This topic is empty.
December 23, 2009 at 5:23 pm #27313
I’m new to the forums, but I’ve been reading the css-tricks blog for quite a while. I recently started using the newest version of Chrome (beta (ver 18.104.22.168)) for Linux (Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic). I was having no problems viewing css-tricks.com UNTIL the recent update/design change. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and still get the same problem.
Description of issue:
1. I type in the address bar "https://css-tricks.com" (without quotation marks)
2. In the gray status area at the bottom of the chrome window I see the following:
Waiting for use.typekit.com
3. After about 30 seconds, a small window pops up that says:
"The following pages have become unresponsive. You can wait for them to become responsive or kill them."
and lists css-tricks.com in the listbox.
4. If I choose to wait, the window goes away, but css-tricks.com never displays in the browser. If I choose Kill, obviously the task is killed and I never see anything.
I know that Chrome is still in Beta, but I was just curious as to if there was anyone else experiencing the same problem and/or had come up with a solution.
HightowerCDecember 31, 2009 at 6:52 pm #68838MattMember
Tested in OpenSUSE 11.2 and SUSE Enterprise Linux with Google Chrome for Linux.January 3, 2010 at 11:40 am #68888
After a lot more searching, I found that this issue is related to the use of @font-face and occurrs on Google Chrome (chromium) v 22.214.171.124.
The issue has been fixed in the dev-builds of chromium (I think) but not in the publicly released beta version of Chrome (which was still at v 126.96.36.199 last time I checked).January 7, 2010 at 7:05 pm #69095fiunchinhoMember
I’m having the same problem in Chrome under Ubuntu Karmic. Hope they fix it soon.February 20, 2010 at 2:18 am #70164
This issue has been resolved in the latest public release of Google Chrome beta (ver. 5.0.307.9 beta).
- The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.