Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] Static Sites?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Attila Hajzer
    Participant

When people refer to ‘Static Sites’, What do they mean?

ralc
    Participant

Hi, static sites usually mean the content is not dynamic, this means that if some part of the website was to be changed someone would have to go into the html code and make the change.

Non static sites are usually attached to come kind of content management system (cms) for example something like wordpress which enables users who don’t know how to edit html code still make changes to a site.

rickylamerz

I just want to say that “ohhhh okay . thanks guys :) i appreciate it.

and would you guys know where i could learn SQL reallly quickly cause i have an antique’s shop site im making and i need to use a database and insert tables and all. not quite sure how.”

Doesn’t really sound like a good plan. If you have no knowledge of SQL it will take some time before you can make a solid shop on your own. I suggest going for an open source solution and modifying it untill your happy with it.

GreatPotato

When i was young and didn’t know any PHP?/SQL the best place i found was Tizag – http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/mysqlsyntax.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.