Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Sidebar Links not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wes
    Participant

Alright so I was hashing out my layout and I got to this point before I started to check the links and such.
    http://wesascolese.com/

The sidebar links do not work at all. An interesting note, the footer links didn’t work either until I wrapped them in their own div. The culprit is most likely sloppy coding.

Here are the main two CSS files that I have worked with (using the latest starkers theme)

Code:
    /* TYPOGRAPHY */
    /* —————————————– */

/* This helps to identify headings at the initial build stage, so I thought it’d be useful to have it */
    h1, h2, h3, h5, h5, h6 { font-weight:normal; }
    a { color:#cca33b; }
    a:hover { color:#dd8935;}

Code:
    /* LAYOUT */
    /* —————————————– */

/* These rather presentational classes are generated by WordPress, so it’s useful to have some styles for them. Edit as you see fit. More info: http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS */
    .aligncenter { display:block; margin:0 auto }
    .wp-caption { border:1px solid #666; text-align:center; background:#ccc; padding:10px; margin:10px }

/* You might find the following useful */
    br.dirtyLittleTrick { clear:both; display:block; height:1px; margin:-1px 0 0 0 } /* Use this br class to clear your floated columns */
    div { position:relative } /* This will save you having to declare each div’s position as ‘relative’ and allows you to absolutely position elements inside them */
    li#theme-switcher { background:#fff; border:10px solid red; padding:20px; position:fixed; top:0; right:0 } /* Use this if you have the Theme Switcher Reloaded plugin (http://themebot.com/webmaster-tools/1-wordpress-theme-switcher-reloaded) installed and want to make it nice and obvious */

body { background:url(../images/bg); }

/*
    UTILITY
    */

.floatLeft { float:left; }
    .floatRight { float:right; }
    .clear { clear:both; }

#pagewrap { width:960px; margin:0px auto -130px; min-height:100%; height:auto !important; height:100%; }
    #push { height:130px; }

a#logo { background:url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat; height:62px; width:485px; text-indent:-1000em; margin:0 auto; display:block;}
    #nav { background:url(../images/nav.png) no-repeat; height:45px; width:960px;}
    #nav ul { text-align:center; padding-top:5px;}
    #nav ul li { display:inline; padding:10px 0 0 10px;}
    #nav ul li a { font-family:”Georgia”, Times New Roman, Times, serif; color:#b1b1b2; font-size:1.2em; text-decoration:none; font-weight:lighter;}
    #nav ul li a:hover {color:#dd8935;}

#sidebar { background:url(../images/catbg.png) no-repeat; width:169px; margin:10px 20px 0 10px; height:600px;}
    #sidebar ul { margin:0 auto;}

#content {}

#footer { height:130px; width:960px; margin:0 auto;}

matt25
    Participant

The sidebar links seem to be working fine for me.

Wes
    Participant

what browser are you using Matt?

matt25
    Participant

I have looked in Firefox, Chrome and IE and they all seem to be fine. I am assuming that the words Categories, Pages, Archives and tags are sections and not links.

Wes
    Participant

Edit: Fixed the issue I was having. It wasn’t just me, but I managed to fix it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.