Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Sidebar Issue – Not Showing My Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    silvers

Hiya,

My client wants to show just the posts from the NEWS category in the sidebar. simple enough. I found this code…

Code:

This basically find posts form category 3 and displays only them in the sidebar. – well it should, but at the moment it’s not…

I was wondering if this problem in not showing it correctly has anything to do with my sidebar being widgetized or something? it’s seems like the sidebar is taking the information from widgets rather than the code in my sidebar.php?

here is the code for my sidebar.php and this is my website. please guys if you could help me on this one i would be so grateful as i am panicking right now!! thanks!!

(just a quick bit of info… i have two categories at the momemt and i’m just using the standard widget to display posts. it’s showing posts from NEWS and PLAYERS. I need to not show players. )

http://silvermanwebdesign.co.uk/star/category/news/

Code:
    silvers

WOW sorry guys how stupid am i!

I just read through what i had posted…

and noticed in the code comments that chris had written "<!– All this stuff in here only shows up if you DON’T have any widgets active in this zone –>"

… so i took out all my widgets and now it’s showing how it should. i thought i might as well let you guys see it just incase one day you are as stupid as me! :roll: :lol:

thanks for your time if you are reading this!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.