Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Regarding screencast #62 – Advanced form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jenycz

Hey Guys –

I’ve worked with jquery and all that jazz many times and have some PHP experience. Anyways, I’m using Chris’s screencast #62 and associated files (jquery.jqtransform.js, jquery.validate.js, jquery.form.js, websitechange.js) and everything was going smoothly in creating my custom for.

I’ve run into one problem – I can’t get the URL of page and Additional URL’s sections to delete and have the script still work!

Code below, if you prefer the test url is http://www.kooziebelt.com/test/index.php

Code:

That’s the actual form where the fields are – notice the changeonmutliple in the middle, that’s fine there – I’ll be changing the name but it can stay.

Code:
    // Building a whitelist array with keys which will send through the form, no others would be accepted later on
    $whitelist = array(‘token’,’req-name’,’req-email’,’req-phone’, ‘typeOfChange’,’message-subject’,’URL-main’,’addURLS’, ‘curText’, ‘newText’, ‘save-stuff’, ‘mult’);

That’s where it’s brought into the array – I’ve tried just deleting ‘URL-main’ and ‘addURLS’ but then the script doesn’t work right…

Code:
    // Lets check the URL whether it’s a real URL or not. if not, stop the script

if(!filter_var($_POST[‘URL-main’],FILTER_VALIDATE_URL)) {
    writeLog(‘URL Validation’);
    die(‘Hack-Attempt detected. Please insert a valid URL’);
    }

I think this is where it validates the URL, not sure if I need to delete that or not…

Code:
    // PREPARE THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE

$message = ‘‘;
    $message .= ‘Website Change Request‘;
    $message .= ‘

‘;
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

“;
    $addURLS = $_POST[‘addURLS’];
    if (($addURLS) != ”) {
    $message .= “

“;
    }
    $curText = htmlentities($_POST[‘curText’]);
    if (($curText) != ”) {
    $message .= “

“;
    }
    $message .= “

“;
    $message .= “

Name: ” . strip_tags($_POST[‘req-name’]) . “
    Email: ” . strip_tags($_POST[‘req-email’]) . “
    Phone ” . strip_tags($_POST[‘req-phone’]) . “
    Preferred Contact: ” . strip_tags($_POST[‘typeOfChange’]) . “
    message-subject: ” . strip_tags($_POST[‘message-subject’]) . “
    URL To Change (main): ” . $_POST[‘URL-main’] . “
    URL To Change (additional): ” . strip_tags($addURLS) . “
    CURRENT Content: ” . $curText . “
    NEW Content: ” . htmlentities($_POST[‘newText’]) . “

“;
    $message .= ““;

And finally, that’s where the body of the email is formed – I can see where the URL-main and addURLS are and have tried removing them, but again the script fails (meaning the form submits but I never get the email)

I’ll be screwing around with it and hopefully get it going but if you have run into this problem before and know what I need to do I would really appreciate the help!

jenycz

I got it, disregard previous! By the way, the tiny bit of code I had to delete wasn’t in anything I posted… Always something much simpler than you think!

mwarren

hey, I’m having problems with my jqtransform setup, were you able to get the plugin to work with jquery 1.5?

Doug

What was it? I seem to be having the same problem….form submits, but no e-mail arrives…

mwarren

for me, the styling only loads in IE, but not firefox 4 or chrome. All my file paths are correct, but firebug shows that no styling is taking placing

Doug

And solved, these files require php5

Doug

seems to be working fine for me in FF 3.6.16

Doug

make sure you load the plug in’s after you load jquery and feel free to share your URL

mwarren

link: http://www.splatterhat.com/contact

I can only see the form styling in IE, but at work we use IE7 :(

Just downloded IETester, and it seems that now my ajax is failing on most of my navs in IE8…grrr what gives?

Doug

hmmm, not sure. It renders fine in FF, sent a test through, and the redirect to the /index.php page doesn’t seem to be working. I get a 404 error. Maybe upload the files and start fresh? Other folks who were commenting on the post seemed to also have some rendering issues? Now….if only I could hide the name and email fields yet still capture cookie info! :)

mwarren

what version of firefox? for me firefox 4 isn’t rendering it at all

Doug

seems to be working fine for me in FF 3.6.16 – may want to start a new thread on rendering css in the website change request form – because this thread is marked as “solved”

mwarren

i have a thread about this problem, no one has responded yet :(

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.