Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] Question about Printliminator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JimSturtz

i was going to send an email but you suggested this approach. i got a link from lockergnome and printliminator sounds great, watched the video even. i didnt hear/see anything saying it wouldnt work w/ IE8, tried dragging the button on the site to my toolbars for IE8, but nothing seemed to happen. if i click the button i brings PrintLiminator up and i can use it when im on your demo site, but i dont see it when i go to other websites. what am i missing? thanks. jim

JimSturtz

think i finally figured it out. dragging didnt seem to work, but i tried a right-click and got a choice to ‘add to favorites’, so i did that, and now if i click my favorites button i see the ‘printliminator’ and i can click that as if it was a ‘site’ and then i get the buttons. not sure why i dont see a neat button on toolbar, but this works. thanks. jim

Pilgrimm

New member here, with essentially the same questions…. Using IE9 (yes, there are those of us still mired in the MS morass), and couldn’t find anyplace to stash the ‘Printliminator’ button. This was a great disappointment, because I feel that if enough people start using this very clever, time- and cost-saving bookmarklet, then maybe developers whose heads are already way too full of themselves will begin to see the light, and start to present webpages which are much easier to read, much less print! (After all, our benevolent friends at HP are already charging the equivalent of $550.00 per gallon for inkjet ink… and you thought gasoline was expensive!) However, I am not as clever as my colleague, JimSturtz. I didn’t think of saving the bookmarklet as a ‘Favorite.’ So I will attempt to do so, and if I have problems, I will be back.
    PS… All the above bushwah is merely a means of complimenting and offering thanks to both of you geniuses. I mean, after getting to this site, and finding out that a link is preferred to an email, I had to say something, right??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.