Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Putting a Forum Inside Your WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    silvers

Hiya guys,

Ok… so i have installed a phpbb forum on my site. that’s fine. but it’s the ugly standard theme and i want it to look like the rest of my site. obviously Css-Tricks does the exact same thing. it’s basically the phpbb forum inside Chris’ theme…

how the hell do i do that?

i have been going deep in to it and it seems that if i download automod, and then i install wp-unite mod then i have the opportunity to do it. i have spent the whole day getting lost inside forum pages and tutorials but i can’t see the light yet.

i just wondered if this was the way to go? or is there a simpler way? i don’t mind if i have to do it like this, i just need someone to tell me that i am heading in the right direction.

if someone that has some knowledge on this could give me a push in anyway i would be really really grateful.

thanks in advance (and sorry for the long-winded question!)

I’m pretty sure Chris did a video tutorial on this. Perhaps if you give http://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/ a search…

silvers

dave you absolute legend. i just watched the video and it is exactly what i need. thanks very much for pointing me towards the vids. i love chris’ vids and he’s explained it very well. you have made my day.

and just in case chris reads this… dude your videos are worth their digital weight in gold and i love you. you are my hero and you have saved my life. thank you soooo much for being so fucking cool. it’s truly appreciated.

:lol:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.