Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Problem linking to an image from custom fields inside WP CMS.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CP-SWEDEN

Howdy guys!

I’m doing a online screen cast tutorial. I’m working offline with Xampp. Right now I’m designing my ‘Services’ page.

I’ve created a ‘custom field’ called ‘page_img’ with a link to my image:

http://localhost:80/wordpress/wp-content/themes/tutorial/style/images/webdesign.jpg

Here’s the html:

I’ve checked with Firebug and my images shows up in the html but not on the page. So I’m guessing I’m doing something wrong with the url to the image.

If I put this url in my browser window the link works:

http://localhost/wordpress/wp-content/themes/tutorial/style/images/webdesign.jpg

I can see the image but it won’t work when I link from my custom field. I tried to remove the port number etc. I’ve tried everything that I can still the image won’t show up???

I’m confused? All help appreciated, thanks!

Let me know if you need more info – sorry I can’t show a live example right now so I hope the info I provided is enough.

CP-SWEDEN

No idea? Sounds strange… But I will turn off my firewire… Thanks bro!

CP-SWEDEN

Still no luck with custom fields and linking to images from inside wp cms… what’s up with that? Any clues?

Andy
    Participant

You forgot closing the src brackets. Try

Page Image
    CP-SWEDEN

Andy bro!

I will try this later tonight. I’ll let you know…

Thanks!

CP-SWEDEN

Andy!!!

It worked – ha ha! Thanks for opening my eyes.

Andy
    Participant

No problem! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.