Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Printable Coupons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nlesti

I am setting up a wordpress site for a client and while I know a bit of basic WP (bit of a newbie), how to tackle this has me stumped.

The client will need to go in themselves and add printable coupons that the customer can print out and bring in to the store location for the deal. The client needs to change these themselves about once a month. The template for the coupon would basically stay the same, they just need to change a few lines of content and the expiration date etc.

Should I go about this trying to delve into Custom Fields or the Custom Fields Template plugin? I don’t suppose there is a handy plugin out there that would basically meet this need? I don’t think I know enough about Custom Fields although I am going over chris’ video #65 again. Should I go this route or do I need to think of something else?

Also, there will be a coupon page that lists these three or four coupons, but I would like to have the end user be able to click on the coupon and print just that one out, not the whole page…possible?

Sorry for sounding so new. I am basically to WP, so not sure how to approach it. thanks for any help.

TheDoc

I don’t particularly think this is a WP issue.

Try thinking about how you would accomplish this outside of WP, and then simply implement that. For example, how would you approach this in a static website with you doing the updates yourself?

nlesti

thanks. I have pretty much come to that conclusion. I guess I was trying to see if there was some WP functionality out there I wasn’t aware of that would be able to assist me with this, or more importantly a CMS type of functionality that would make it easy for the client to implement themselves. The way I would do it outside of wordpress is pretty straightforward, but the client most likely will not agree.

Thanks for your reply though. Helps me to decide to go down the non-WP path for sure.

brycer

Could you just have a static page that the client edits as need?

nlesti

brycer-that is what I have ended up doing. Creating a static page and then creating a template in word which they can convert to a pdf to upload for the printable coupon part. I have laid it out as simply as I can, but I know there will be issues and extra steps they do not want to take. However, I can’t find a better solution for them at this time, so the static one will win out. Thanks for the reply & suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.