Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] PHP Write to TXT File…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    coffeendonut

Hi to all i need help on code … ok to explain myself wat im trying to do is to have a simple form like this

city:

and when i type in the information it will post to the welcome.php but wat i also want is to save the posted information to a data.txt file how can i do these… ?

coffeendonut

@TT_Mark yeah… i did but all the ones i found uses “fopen” and thats disabled due to Security risks…

coffeendonut

@TT_Mark i ask them and they told me that no cause it was disabled due to Security risks… that i should try something similar to it… it didn’t make sense to me thats why im asking here is there a way to do these without using “fopen”… this is the message i get when trying to use “fopen”

Warning: fopen(data.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a4856106/public_html/form.php on line 7
    coffeendonut

@betzster no… but i think maybe something else… like other type of code… saving the info to TXT or PHP page … when you submit the info…

Rob MacKay
    Participant

you could probably save it as a PDF…

http://php.net/manual/en/book.pdf.php

that won’t write it in to a specific text file but it will create a PDF with the data in it.

coffeendonut

@Robskiwarrior yeah i guess… so how would that work… any start on how to set it up…?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/PDF-Generation-With-PHP/1/ is something useful to read – it is something I have to do on a project at some point soon, but I have not got that far yet to advise :)

coffeendonut

@Robskiwarrior yeah anyway thanks… i need to solve this problems thats the only way i will learn how to…

ImpInaBox

Are you sure it’s a general ban on fopen() and not just because you’re trying to write somewhere you don’t have permission to?

coffeendonut

im doing this in the public html folder…

ImpInaBox

You certainly can write to that when you’re logged in via FTP but sometimes not from PHP scripts which run at a very low privilege level (unless you have PHP SuExec installed on your server). You might be able to write into some specific directories – if not I’d change hosts!

eXo

why not store it in a database?

coffeendonut

@ImpInaBox yeah change host seems to be the option…

coffeendonut

@eXo database not my option with this small temporal code…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.