Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Navigation Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crypta

Hi all, I am from Croatia and this is very helpful site…

I stucked in creating navigation in WordPress… I need to act like CMS navigation so this is the problem

I have 6 items in navigation HOME CATEGORY CATEGORY…. CONTACT

My HOME page has its own template home-template.php and CONTACT contact-template.php, And all Category links in navigation is acting like a blog with every CATEGORY -> SUBCATEGORY

How I write code in

Code:

???

Shema is in attachment [attachment=0]shema.jpg[/attachment]

TheDoc

You could do something like:

Code:

That may not work exactly, but should get you started.

crypta

It cross my mind that way but problem is how to highlight ordinary link <a>Home</a> and <a>Contact</a>??

crypta

SOLVED

TheDoc

If you can post how you solved it that’d be great. Might help someone else who has the same problem later.

crypta

ok, no problem… i am new to wordpress and possible this is not the perfect solution…. HOME and CONTACT page have its own template page… categories in navigation is wp_list_categories();….

so its look like you wrote it… I am absolute new to wordpress… but this can work..

Highlight current nav item can be done by this (this is example) is(home) or is(contact)

i am not sure how to highlight current category item or page item, posible there is a php function and css for that… when I get that all to work i will wrote it here..

If someone know that possible quick answer that please wrote it :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.