Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Nav Bar Breaks in Firefox, but not in safari…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    justbobf

Hello,

I have a client who uses Miva Merchant 4 for his eCommerce solution. The main site was made with Dreamweaver using mostly absolute positioning a few years ago, I think. Clicking on a Buy button takes one to a page that is controlled by Miva Merchant.

To get the header and nav bar of the Miva section to look the same as the rest of the site, I copied the code from a page that just has the masthead an nav bar info and pasted into the "header" section of Miva Merchant.

The nav bar is fine on the main site and is fine in the Miva portion in Safari; but, the Miva portion breaks when viewed in Firefox.

Here is a link to a broken page:
    http://www.oldmanmountain.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=O&Category_Code=CSF

And, a link to an unbroken page:
    http://www.oldmanmountain.com/Pages/RackPages/RearRacks.html

This site has been up for a few years now and I haven’t noticed this until now. I wonder if something changed with Firefox…

Any idea how to fix it?

james.davis

I am no CSS expert. I just looked at the #NavBarContainer in both pages and compared. I tested this with Firebug and it rendered like you wanted.

On the broken page you have this:

<div id="NavBarContainer">
    <font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="-1"> </font><ul id="MenuBar1" class="MenuBarHorizontal MenuBarActive">
    <font face="Arial, Helvetica" size="-1"> <li><font-family: trebuchet="" ms="" ,="" verdana,="" arial,="" helvetica,="" sans-serif=""></font-family:></li></font><a class="MenuBarItemSubmenu" href="#">Products</a>

On the unbroken page you have this:

<div id="NavBarContainer">
    <ul id="MenuBar1" class="MenuBarHorizontal MenuBarActive">
    <li><a class="MenuBarItemSubmenu" href="#">Products</a>

So if you remove the font tag on both lines you should correct this bug. I tested it in Firefox 3.5.6 and it worked.

I hope this helps.

justbobf

Thanks! That’s really helpful. That font tag does look incorrect. I took it out and the nav bar was not broken anymore; but the left part was then bigger than the right side…I’ll look into that and see if I can figure it out all the way.

Thank you again!!!

justbobf

Hardest time, but fixed it, thank to your help…

Thank you!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.