Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] My wordpress theme in french

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Chris
    I’ve read your book Digging into WordPress… Ouf… I’m not sure I remember everything! In fact I’m sure I didn’t but it helped my a lot.
    I design my on wordpress theme and I want it to be in French. I use your Blank-Theme and change everything in the php files from English to French.
    There is just one thing that I’m not able to translate: the “reply” and “click here to cancel reply…
    I use the custom comment loop and I was able to change “the says:”
    But the reply… It seem that I cannot find where to change it.
    I’m pretty sure that it is in: $depth, ‘max_depth’ => $args))); ?>
    Could you help me on that one?
    Thanks a lot
    I’m a big fan of your work!
    Hubert

Bob

As for the ‘click here to cancel reply’, you can find it here in the file comment.php, located in BLANK-Theme-v1BLANK-themecomments.php. Its on line 50. That line says:

You can set whatever you want between the (), like this:

About the text ‘reply’, you can find that in the file comment-template.php, located in wp-includescomment-template.php. Its on line 1014.
    That line says:

$defaults = array('add_below' => 'comment', 'respond_id' => 'respond', 'reply_text' => __('Reply'),

See the word ‘Reply’? You can edit that, like this:

$defaults = array('add_below' => 'comment', 'respond_id' => 'respond', 'reply_text' => __('This is your own custom reply text'),

I hope this helps

Hi
    Thank you very much!
    My theme is complete!
    Thanks again!
    Hubert

devon

OMG thanks… I was going nuts trying to change the text to french… however for the Reply change is not taking (é)…
    would you know how I can make it show..

Thanks again..!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.