Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Menu bar has disappeared

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swarbs

Hi guys,

I’m a complete beginner at CSS and web design in general and have encountered a problem! I am currently working on a template that I downloaded from the internet and have been making a couple of changes to the layout – mainly adding a picture to the header. However, I have somehow managed to make the menu bar disappear. I know that I haven’t deleted anything to do with the menu bar as I have only been making changes in the header section (logo and slogan, to be precise).

Can anybody tell me where it has gone any why???

My webpage is at http://www.blackboxnutrition.co.uk

Code:
    #container {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px;}

#header {height:150px; background-color:#000000;}
    #logo {font-size:30px; background:url(images/dark_pixel2.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center right; height:100px; padding:50px 0 0 30px;}
    #logo a {color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration:none;}
    #slogan {text-indent: 1.25em; float:left; font-size:24px; color:#FFFFFF; padding:60px 30px 0 0;}

#menu {height:40px; background-image:url(images/menu_bg.png); margin-top:5px;}
    #menu ul {margin:0; padding:0;}
    #menu li {list-style:none; float:left; background:url(images/menu_border.png) right no-repeat;}
    #menu a {float:left; height:20px; padding:10px 30px; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
    #menu a:hover {background:url(images/menu_border.png);}

Thanks in advance

swarbs
    swarbs

Ah, schoolboy error!!!

As it turns out, on closer inspection, I hadn’t uploaded all the images from the template folder (another schoolboy error!). Sorted now.

Thanks for the help though, I’ll be able to spot simple things like that a bit easier from now on!

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.