Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Solved] Looking for a specific kind of carousel….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I’m looking for a specific slider for a task, any help finding it? It needs to:
    -Display some images with links around them side by side
    -Automatically scroll the images across the slider div
    -Wrap around to the first image when it gets to the end
    -And when you hover over a side of the slider, it’ll quickly scroll the images in that direction (for good navigation)
    I’ve been having trouble finding one that can do all that.

jamygolden

I’ve been looking into creating something like this.

I think the most tricky part would be for it to ‘carousel’. Depending on how many images are visible at a time, they will need to be ‘cloned’ in order to create a complete carousel effect. Anything slider is a good example, it clones the first and last slide to make it seem like it loops. This clones 1 div, where as what you are looking for would have to clone x amount of images.

I understand this isn’t really solving your problem. But I find discussing how it could work interests me.

There are tons of content slider/carousels out there, but I find most of them are quite annoying and lame. AnythingSlider is by far the best, but it often doesn’t have the ability to do exactly what I would like it to do. I’ve never come across something that does what you are looking for.

noahgelman
    Participant

http://www.gmarwaha.com/jquery/jcarousellite/#demo

This is sort of what I’m looking for except without the hovering over one side will change the direction of the scroll. The closer to the edge the faster it goes. Does that make sense?

jamygolden

Yeah, I know what you mean but unfortunately I have no idea how to go about doing that.

Chris did it here. Perhaps that would help?

noahgelman
    Participant

Yeah, something like that mixed with an autoplaying image mover kind of thing. I know it’s oddly specific.

noahgelman
    Participant

Is it possible to change the values of the ‘auto’ and ‘speed’ variables of the carousel demo i posted as a function of the mouse x-value to the side of the div? That sounds like something that’s possible, although complicated

noahgelman
    Participant

Do you at least know of one without the mouseOver effect? One that can autoscroll without stopping?

noahgelman
    Participant

Sorry for all the repeated posts, but I found one. It’s really good too.
    http://www.smoothdivscroll.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.