Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] list block element align to the right problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Submerge

I’m currently having a problem with a template I am coding. I’m still relatively new to xHTML/CSS so hopefully someone from the community can help. I have navigation on the top of the site, and I want it aligned to the right (similiar to how the text underneath it is aligned to the right). How would I do this?

Here is the code I currently have:
    [deleted link to prevent crawling of a directory that’ll be deleted]

Here is how I’d like it to look:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/fylnqu.jpg

TheDoc

Here’s a start:

Remove

display: inline; AND margin-left:30px;

Add:

Code:
    #navigation ul li {
    float:left;
    list-style:none;
    }
    Submerge

Alright, that fixed up some other issues I was having.

But I’m still stuck with the navigation being aligned to the left, rather than right. The culprit seems to be the float: left; because when removed, the navbar is aligned to the right. But then it looks like a list, rather than each being horizontal with one another.

A workaround would be using float: right;, but this isn’t ideal because then my navigation is somewhat backwards in the HTML file. Although it looks correct visually. Is this my only option? Or is there a solution to my problem? I’d think many people would run into this as I don’t think what I am doing is uncommon. Grateful for the help so far.

noahgelman
    Participant

Float the list items left, float the unordered list itself right.

Submerge
    "noahgelman" wrote:
    Float the list items left, float the unordered list itself right.

Just tried that right before you posted it, lol.

Thanks for the help though, as I might not have thought about that. Glad it works now. :D

TheDoc

Sorry, totally forgot to mention floating the whole list to the right. Glad you sorted it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.