Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript [Solved] jQuery, Mootools, FullscreenBG & IE6 Conflict

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kooh

Hello!

I’m working on a page for my band in which I am using the full page background technique as described here in CSS-Tricks. It works fine in FF, IE>6, Opera and almost* fine in Chrome. It also works just fine in IE<=6 when using the MooTools script as (also) described in the aforementioned article.

Looks like this (of course in the [head]):

Code:

As you can see I also use a PNG Transparency Fix (which I currently don’t remember where I found but probably here aswell)…

I would also like to use the ShadowBox script for some lightbox-type galleries. The ShadowBox script may work with any of the available libraries and just for testing I chose jQuery. I thought I may, in the future, use more scripts, and, as I’ve read, a lot of them use jQuery.

Looks like this:

Code:

The thing is that when I use this last part of the code, the full-page background doesn’t work in IE6. It just shows the image fully centered but with white space all around. When I comment out (or delete) the jQuery.js thus

Code:

it works just fine…

Why does this happen? Is it because two libraries are in use? How can I fix that?
    Can the full-page background be implemented with the jQuery library?

I can upload some screenshots if needed. I may also have a test page available in a few days..

Thank you in advance!
    Kooh!

* About the full-page background in Chrome:
    In Chrome, even the page here in CSS-Tricks has white space on the top and bottom of the page.

kooh

Well, I found the solution..
    It was rather simple, just putting this after all the libraries have loaded:

Code:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.