Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Is it possible to add Jquery cycle to background Images?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    frostis21

Hi all –

Currently working on:

http://northwood.es/test_2/

…and have come across a problem perhaps someone can help out with.

I was planning to use the Jquery cycle plugin to have the main background image of the splash page cycle. However the main image is set in css (background-image) and in order to use the plugin, I would need to have the images in HTML.

However if i place images in HTML they display as blocks and ruin the layout (transparent pngs overlapping the main image).

so anyone know how i can implement the cycling image feature without sacrificing the current layout? – or will i need to make do with a static splash page image.

Any help appreciated!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

jQuery Cycle can cycle anything objects. What you would have to do is still have something to cycle though. So you would have to have a few divs with a background image that cycle can actually cycle.

So you don’t need to use images for jQuery cycle thats the main thing to know. :)

frostis21

That makes sense – managed to get this working by adding 3 separate divs each with a different background image to a container div (.slideshow). and targeting the divs instead of the images with Jquery – many thanks RobSkiW!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Awesome – that’s exactly what I meant :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.