Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Image Border

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skinnyalbert

Hi all,

I’m having a problem with what seems to be quite an easy item. I have imported a blog into wordpress and added a dashed border to the images. I did this by using the following css on the main column:

Code:
    div.main img{
    border: 1px dashed #000000;
    margin: 2px;
    padding:5px;}

Now… I have images of avatar / gravatar listed in the comments which also have inherited this border. I’m trying to remove this by either using the following to pull up div’s within the main column.

Code:
    .gravatarside img { border:none;}

or

Code:
    .avatar img {border:none;}

but this code is being ignored when checking the styling with Firebug.
    Any ideas on my oversight on this would be much appreciated.

As a side question, any preferred method to alternate comment background colors?

Thanks!

box

It’s most likely a specificity issue. It would be easier to diagnose if you have a link to a live site.

skinnyalbert

Hey guys… thanks for the suggestions. I agree that I should be able to turn off the border with a class.. but still no luck. Here is a link to the site if you have time to review.

The img tag for the gravatar has a class of "avatar avatar-48 photo", I’ve tried variations but without luck thus far.

Again… appreciate any help.

Thanks.

skinnyalbert

Hi Eric,

thanks for the help. It was a syntax issue and your suggestion took care of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.