Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] IE 8 Problems – float bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skater102

I am working on a redesign for a blog site. I am getting some major layout problems in internet explorer 8. I have never encountered problems like ones I am getting, so I don’t even no how to trouble shoot it.

The layout is pretty much broken in ie8, but not ie7. The main bug I am getting is, when the page is first loaded, the layout is broken. But, if I rollover the menu, ummm… it fixes everything.The layout literally is changed, and the floats are fixed. Like there is something that is being parsed on

Code:
    :hover

that is not recognized when the page is first loaded.

Here is the site: http://thomaslattimore.com/wawdrupal/ – *still in development

Any ideas?

skater102

That’s one thing that is really weird about it. Sometimes it is loaded and looks fine, but if it is refreshed, 50% of the time the layout will break. It is really strange. I think it might be a parsing bug, rather than a CSS one.

Here is what I am getting:
    [attachment=0]layout.jpg[/attachment]

skater102

hmmm…. Thats very interesting, I am not getting the bug at all in Safari (windows). This is weird.

skater102

Thanks a lot for the help. I done a lot of searching around, and cant find a solution to the problem. I hope to be able to find a solution, and not have to start from scratch on a new design/layout.

skater102

Not sure what was wrong. But I decided to re-due the theme from the beginning, starting with the original html template. Problem now fixed. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.