Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Fluid Width header/footer problem – Extra Gap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nico

Let me preface this by stating this is my first real attempt at a "ground-up" build. I’ve designed stuff in the past, but never coded too much. CSS-tricks has been an invaluable resource thus-far and I’m hoping one of you (evil) geniuses will be able to crack this one.

On the link below I am hoping to achieve a fluid width header and footer with static main content. The effect is pretty much there, but for some reason a horizontal scroll bar shows up and there are gaps in the header and footer screen-right.

http://www.lastminutepanic.com

*Please don’t mind some of the content, I’ve been testing various plugins/techniques so there might be some sillyness throughout. Oh the joys of 3:00am.

– Nico

Nico

Fortunately I fixed the problem (about 20 minutes after I posted this)
    I had a class in my markup prefixed as an ID in my CSS. Therefore I am stupid.

Cheers!

TheDoc

Your main nav is having some issues in IE7 that you might want to check out.

Sweet domain name by the way.

Nico

Yes thanks, I was aware of the Nav issues with IE. Not quite sure what the problem is… margin/padding maybe? I’m sure I’ll spend a few hours noobin’ it up tonight.

Thanks for the domain comment as well. Though I must pay homage to the original author Mr. Bill Watterson as this is a quote taken from a Calvin and Hobbes comic. But indeed, sweet.

TheDoc

Oh it’s been far too long since I’ve read a Calvin and Hobbes. I used to have a ton of books, I must’ve sold them off when I was younger at a garage sale or something.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.