Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] First WordPress Skin help…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    i9mickey

So this is my first foray into the WP skinning game. And I’m figuring it out. But I’m still running into some little issues here and there. Right now, for some reason, the links in my sidebar are not functioning correctly. That is to say, they’re not functioning as a hyperlink. Most times there is no hover at all. Even the Past Articles popup menu isn’t popping up. But the search field seems to be working fine. Anyway, sure could use some help. Thanks in advance.

Here’s the link. http://www.i9creative.com/blog

Mickey

i9mickey

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure I understand what you’re saying, and I tried it, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve been using CSS for awhile now, but I still think of myself as an amateur a lot of the time. If you don’t mind, I’d like to show here what I did and see what you think might be the problem.

Code:
    #sidebar-inside ul li a:link {
    color:#7F4300;
    text-decoration:underline;
    }

#sidebar-inside ul li a:visited {
    }

#sidebar-inside ul li a:hover {
    color:#F47B20;
    text-decoration:none;
    }

#sidebar-inside ul li a:visited:hover {
    }

Also, the thing I don’t understand is that the link should have worked right anyway because the "inside" div was within the "sidebar" div, so it should have inherited the CSS from that, right? Your Russian doll analogy is a good one, but is that how it works for the heirarchy? If I have 3 divs nested inside each other and the first div sets the CSS rules for links, then shouldn’t the nested divs follow suit?

And this is how it used to look.

Code:
    #sidebar a:link {
    }

#sidebar a:visited {
    }

#sidebar a:hover {
    }

#sidebar a:visited:hover {
    }

Again, thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

i9mickey

apostrophe!

That’s it! We have a winner! :)

That’s just weird. Yeah, I don’t know why it works, but you nailed it. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.